Coffee Ice Cream with Coconut, Macadamia Nuts, and Chocolate Chunks!
Mmmmmm! It’s Kona coffee ice cream overflowing with coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, and chocolate fudge swirls.
Here’s the Kauai Pie Ice Cream recipe from The Organic Dietician that was inspired by an Hawaiian ice cream shop. It just might transfer you to Hawaii (you wish) in your mind. Sara uses real, whole ingredients and no refined sugar in this recipe!
Please give it a try…
Kauai Pie Ice Cream (non-dairy)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 can (14 oz) full fat coconut milk (full fat creates creamier ice cream)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- In a medium size bowl, soak the raw cashews in the can of coconut milk for at least 1 hour (up to overnight).
- In a blender, add the bowl of cashews and coconut milk, maple syrup, and espresso powder.
- Blend until well combined and smooth (3-5 minutes). Run it that long to really ensure a good finished texture.
- In your frozen ice cream maker bowl (while the machine is running) add the coffee ice cream base.
- Run the ice cream maker until the ice cream is almost completely finished (my machine takes about 20-30 minutes).
- While the machine is still running add in the coconut, chocolate, and macadamia nuts.
- Run until the add-ins are just incorporated into the coffee ice cream.
- Serve immediately or transfer to desired freezer safe container with a lid.
- Keep in the freezer for up to one week.
- Allow at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping.