… And ways to correct the problem!
According to the World Health Organization, it is estimated that three quarters of Americans don’t meet the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) of magnesium.
That’s a big problem! Magnesium deficiency has been linked to simple irritability, chronic pain and life-threatening disease. Could your health problem be centered on a magnesium deficiency?
DO I GET ENOUGH MAGNESIUM?
You can contact your health care provider to request detailed magnesium testing. However, blood serum testing is the typical means of assessing magnesium levels and test results can be misleading. Only 1% of magnesium in the body is actually found in blood, and only .3% is found in blood serum, so clinical blood serum testing may not identify a deficiency.
SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Fortunately, watching for certain signs and signals of low magnesium levels can help determine what you can do to ensure magnesium balance and good health.
10 Signs That YOU May Need More Magnesium (quiz):
1. Do you drink carbonated beverages (sodas) on a regular basis?
2. Do you eat a lot of pastries, cakes, desserts, candies or other sweet foods?
3. Do you have a lot of stress in your life, or have you recently had a major medical procedure such as surgery?
4. Do you drink coffee, tea, or other caffeinated drinks daily?
5. Do you take a diuretic, heart medication, asthma medication, birth control pills or estrogen replacement therapy?
6. Do you drink more than seven alcoholic beverages per week?
7. Do you take calcium supplements without magnesium or calcium supplements with magnesium in less than a 1:1 ratio?
8. Do you experience any of the following:
Times of hyperactivity?
Difficulty getting to sleep?
Difficulty staying asleep?
9. Do you experience any of the following:
Painful muscle spasms?
Eye twitches, or involuntary eye movements?
10. Did you answer yes to any of the above questions and are also age 55 or older?
If you answered “yes” to any of the previous questions, you may be at risk for low magnesium intake.
Click on next page to find out HOW TO GET MORE MAGNESIUM